Nikon Monarch FS 60ED-A Spotting Scope - Body only
Related Products & Accessories
Manufacturer code: BDA153WA | Our code: 124659
Nikon Monarch FS 60ED-A Spotting Scope Body. Discover the greatness and beauty of the world around you with a tool designed to not only get you closer, but present you with a vision better than that of the naked eye. Introducing the MONARCH Fieldscope series.
- Advanced Apochromat Optical System with ED (extra-low dispersion) glass minimises chromatic aberration to the furthest limit of the visible light range, realising a contrast-rich, clearer field of view
- Field Flattener Lens System provides consistent sharpness across the entire field of view, all the way to the periphery
- Multilayer coating is applied to all lens and prism surfaces for natural and bright images
- Bright and clear view is achieved with a total reflection prism.
- Straight models use a Porro prism, while angled-type models employ Nikon's original prism.
- Optimised Focusing System provides different focus speeds that allow you to operate at an optimised speed; fine action for focusing on distant subjects and coarser action for nearby subjects
- Three eyepieces exclusively designed for MONARCH Fieldscopes. All eyepieces feature a Type 1 Bayonet Mount with lock for easy attachment and detachment.
- Aluminium alloy body employed for high durability
- Waterproof and fog-free with nitrogen gas
- Built-in sliding hood blocks harmful light to the optical system and protects the objective lens
- Objective lens with thread for filter attachment
- [82mm-diameter models: 86mm (P=1.0), 60mm-diameter models: 67mm (P=0.75)]
- Knurling pattern on the focusing ring for excellent operability
A Crystal-clear Field of View Attributable to Nikon Sophisticated Optical Technology
True to its legendary name and reputation, the MONARCH Fieldscope brings the excitement of awe-inspiring observation and incredible visual experiences to the eye of its beholder. MONARCH’S Advanced apochromat system of ED glass and proprietary lens and prism coatings delivers true color fidelity with high resolution integrity.
Field Flattener Lens System Delivers Sharp Images all the Way to the Periphery
Nikon’s innovative Field Flattener Lens System ensures absolutely sharp images throughout the entire field of view. Curvature of field is an aberration that occurs when focusing on the center of the viewing field, causing the periphery to go out of focus or vice versa. Nikon’s Field Flattener Lens System provides consistent, edge-to-edge sharpness while compensating astigmatism and coma aberration at the same time, offering an exceptionally sharp, clear image throughout the entire field of view.
Advanced Apochromat Optical System with ED (Extra-low Dispersion) Glass Minimizes Color Fringing to the Furthest Limit of the Visible Light Range
Nikon’s ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass ensures a contrast-rich and color-faithful field of view. By designing the entire optical system from the ground up, Nikon’s Advanced Apochromat Optical System corrects not only chromatic aberrations of red, blue and green but also violet chromatic aberration to the furthest limits of the visible light range. The result is unimaginably sharp, high-contrast views.
Multilayer Coating for Natural Color Fidelity
Multilayer coating is applied to all lens and prism surfaces, allowing powerful light transmission. The resulting bright field of view delivers true-to-life natural colors. Coating also greatly reduces the flare and ghosting that can occur in backlit situations.
Total Reflection Prism for an Incredibly Bright, Clear View
The straight body MONARCH Fieldscope models utilize a Porro prism design, while the angled-type models employ Nikon’s original total reflection prism. Because all prisim reflective surfaces offer complete reflectivity with no loss of light, a bright and vivid view is achieved.
Optimized Focusing System for Fast Focusing
The focus ring of MONARCH Fieldscopes provides different focusing speeds for optimal operation: fine focus adjustment for distant subjects and coarser adjustment for nearby subjects. Effortless, smooth focusing enables you to confidently acquire your target faster and in sharper focus.
Newly Designed MONARCH Fieldscope MEP Eyepieces Deliver High Optical Performance
Nikon has developed eyepieces exclusively for MONARCH Fieldscopes. Each employs a new optical system, and a Field Flattener Lens System that delivers consistent sharpness and clarity across the entire field of view. Engineered to provide a wide field of view, MONARCH eyepieces also provide sufficiently long eye relief. Thus, not only do you enjoy peerless viewing — you can also perform collimate photography with a compact digital camera. When attached to a Fieldscope, each of the three new MEP eyepieces are waterproof, ensuring safe use even during unexpected weather changes.
Body Design for Comfortable Observation
The MONARCH Fieldscope body, constructed of robust aluminum alloy, provides durability, reliability and ease of operation. Other ergonomic features such as the specific knurling pattern on the focusing ring enhances its operability. The Type 1 Bayonet Mount with locking system makes eyepiece attachment/detachment easy and secure.
Waterproof performance for inclement weather
All MONARCH Fieldacope models can be used without worrying about changing weather conditions in the natural environment. The MONARCH Fieldscope bodies are waterproof, sealed with O-rings and packing seals that make them airtight. In addition, the body is filled with nitrogen gas to prevent fog due to sudden temperature changes.
|Dimensions||H: 9.8cm x W: 11cm x L: 27cm|
|Objective Lens Diameter||60 mm|
|Close Focus||3.3 m|
Review by James Bowman
With the 30 x 60 MEP eyepiece this scope delivers an exceptional performance. There is also a reasonable image when you magnify to 60 x 60, but you need a decent tripod. It took a while to get used to the settings but with the eyepiece closed, it gives a much wider field of vision. With the cover its about £1500. If you want the best scope you will pay another £1000 or more. This scope is in the middle range and offers exceptional value for money; go to an exhibition and try one out!