Simms DownStream Jacket - Black
Manufacturer code: 11199-001 | Our code: 124368
Simms Downstream Jacket. The DOWNStream® Jacket blends 750-fill equivalent water-repellent down with PrimaLoft® Gold synthetic insulation for the ultimate in wet and cold weather protection. The Simms exclusive cuff design and body mapped thermal zones in the chest and lower sleeves boost comfort/mobility while the Ripstop Pertex® Endurance outer layer sheds rain and beats wind. And the three-point adjustable storm hood is fully customizable to heads of all shapes and sizes.
- DWR treated down blended with Primaloft® Gold synthetic insulation offers the ultimate high loft insulation engineered for wet weather performance
- Body mapped 100% high loft synthetic insulation strategically placed in lower sleeves and hood
- 3-point adjustable storm hood
- FABRIC TECH: Face Fabric: Pertex® Endurance 30d – 100% nylon with waterproof/windproof coating, 20d ripstop lining – 100% polyester; Body: Primaloft® Gold Down Blend – DWR treated - 750 fill power equivalent; Cuffs/Hood: Primaloft® Gold – 170 g/m2
- APPROX. WEIGHT: 26.4oz./748g
Review by Peter Kay
More of a fashion item than a fishing jacket. It looks good, is pleasantly warm (although not as warm as I had anticipated), very lightweight and appears to be well made (in China). I have have not tested it's water resistance. My only criticism of the design is that the non-adjustable internal cuffs do not grip my wrists. The big downside is that it is hugely overpriced. If you want an insulated fishing jacket then I would suggest a good quality wading jacket with room for layers underneath.