Scierra 4 Piece Brook Fly Rod - 7ft - #2
Related Products & Accessories
Manufacturer code: 50849 | Our code: 131670
Narrow rivers will often hide unexpectedly big fish, but they aren’t always compatible with rods of normal length. Shorter rods are easier to handle, especially when these brooks are accompanied by irritating trees and bushes, always eager to capture your flies. We decided to design special rods for rivers like this and were so pleased with the outcome that we added a few longer alternatives to complete the Brook series. Rods designed to handle short lines when casting, but also to fight the huge fish that sometimes hide in these narrow, but deep, brooks. A rod that will cover all kinds of fly fishing for browns, graylings and chars in the smaller rivers of this world.
- Rod Action: Flex profile 1/1 (Deep)
- Medium fast recovery times – Unbroken bending curves
- Deep actions, medium fast recovery times and wonderfully smooth bending curves
- Built on 40T Japanese carbon material
- High quality Portuguese cork
- Real peacock wooden reel seat
- Quality light weight stripping and snake guides
- Supplied in cloth bag and quality tube with screw in fittings, and carry handle.
|Length||Line Weight||Transport Length||Recommended Line Weight||Weight|
Review by Steven Cameron-smith
The perfect small stream small river rod for the money (I now have two of them!). Teamed up with a dedicated 2 wt line or the Thistledown 25 wt line I find I have a perfect match. Its a softer action rod somewhere between middle and full flex I believe (which I prefer for smaller venues). And with a very slim lightweight profile of 2.68 ozs (76gms) with section alignment dots and the standard rod tube you have a rod that can easily match others in the higher price bracket in terms of capability and at a super reasonable price.A minor niggle would be that the rod handle could be an inch or so shorter for the length of the rod but this is minor compared to its capability for lighter work.