Snowbee Nivalis Down Jacket - Dark Olive
Manufacturer code: 11936 | Our code: 129035
Snowbee Nivalis Down Jacket. For many years, mountaineers & polar explorers, have relied on the unparalleled lightweight insulation properties of natural feather down, to keep them warm, in extreme conditions. The problem however, is that down loses most of its thermal properties, as soon as it gets wet. Many manufacturers have tried to avoid this by either treating the outer shell with a DWR finish, or using feather down, with a hydrophobic treatment to repel water and prevent clumping. Both methods have their limitations, so Snowbee thought…why not put the down in totally waterproof pockets, to protect it? Problem solved!
Our new high-tech Nivalis Down jacket features a totally unique construction technique – an internal & external 3-layer laminated fabric, using hidden, internal stitching, to form the down pockets. This means there is no external stitch-line, to allow water to penetrate. The down pockets are formed, using 2 layers of double-knitted Tricot and then protected, inside and out, with a TPU waterproof membrane, so the down remains 100% dry. The outer shell, is a woven micro-fibre polyester fabric, with DWR treatment, so rain-drops ‘bead-up’ & run off the surface. Inside, there is a superlight woven polyester lining, with peach-skin finish, for comfort.
The natural down filling contains 90% duck-down, 10% feathers and uses a fill power of 700 for total warmth, while the waterproof membrane has a hydrostatic pressure resistance (Waterproofness) of 5000mm, to keep you dry and also provides total wind resistance.
Both the main front zip & the two side hand-warmer pockets use waterproof zips and there is a fully adjustable, 3-panel hood, made in the same insulated material, as the body. Inside the jacket, there are two deep pouch pockets at the bottom, for mobiles, wallets etc.
For complete weather protection, there are Velcro adjustable, elasticated cuffs and 2 internal bottom hem adjusters, with ‘toggle-loks’.
- Features 6-layer waterproof windproof material
- Natural down filling contains 90% duck down, 10% feathers
- Unique construction, features hidden, internal stitching to form the down pockets
- No external stitching to cause leaks
- Down pockets are protected using 2 layers of waterproof membrane, so down remains 100% dry
- Outer woven micro-fibre polyester fabric, with DWR treatment, so rain-drops 'bead-up' and run off surface
- Superlight woven polyester lining, with peach-skin finish
- Waterproof zips used throughout
- 3-panel, adjustable hood
- Velcro adjustable, elasticated cuffs
- 2 front zipped handwarmer pockets
- 2 internal bottom hem adjusters
- Filling: 90% duck down/10% feather
- Fill power: 700
- DWR: 10/80
Review by Colin
This jacket is not breathable, so if you will be roaming the river bank or wearing this jacket for a long walk you will end up soaking inside, it reminds me of the old PU coated nylon where you were always wet inside,if you are planning a trip to Russia,Baltic or Scandinavia, where lots of roaming is necessary then. I do not recommend this jacket.
Review by Christopher Shreeve
Fantastic service and quick delivery highly recommended cant fault any part of the process