Wimberley Plamp 2
Manufacturer code: PP-200 | Our code: 118006
Wimberley Plamp 2. One end of the Plamp clamps to your tripod while the other grasps the object. Use the Plamp to stabilize windblown subjects, adjust the position or angle of your subject, or move obstructing foliage. You can also use the Plamp to hold reflectors and lens shades. One day in the field or studio with a Plamp and you will begin to realize its full potential.
- Thumbscrew activated clip jaws allow for precise opening and closing for delicate work and stronger clamping force when required.
- New foam jaw inserts allow you to grip delicate objects without damage.
- Zytel ST (Super tough) nylon offers nearly unbreakable clip jaws in even the most extreme conditions.
- Holding notch in the clip grabs the steel rim on large and small reflectors providing a secure slip-free attachment (applies to typical cloth reflectors with steel ring hoop).
- The clip's arched recess reliably grips larger cylindrical objects (e.g. small flashlights, branches, etc.)
More Robust Articulating Arm
- Larger LocLine elements in the articulating arm create a sturdier and more durable product while still retaining flexibility and precise positioning for heavier objects.
- Reinforced, stiffer articulating arm vibrates far less reducing valuable wait time after each movement.
- Larger arm diameter makes it possible to clamp to another Plamp offering versatile positioning and extension.
- High Quality Pony Clamp:
- Allows for adjustable clamping tension.
- Custom beveled jaw pads grip cylindrical objects (e.g. tripod legs) without slipping.
Two Plamps are better than one...
It is often useful to have more than one Plamp. Use one Plamp to hold your subject while the other holds a reflector or holds back obstructing foliage.
The Plamp will attached to tripod legs whose diameter is between 0.9 and 1.4 inches (23 to 35mm). This includes Gitzo series 1, 2 & 3 tripods and nearly all Manfrotto tripods. The Plamp will barely fit on Gitzo series 4 tripods but it is a tight fit.
The Plamp 2 is 23" long, which is perfect for 100mm and smaller macro lenses. If you wish to use longer lenses with the Plamp, you can extend its length with the PP-220 Plamp Extension (see top of page).
- Weight: 224g
- Length: 58.5 cm
- Maximum Holding Capacity: 227g depending on position
- Maximum Clip Jaw Opening: 2.54cm