Akios Shuttle 656 STR Kuro Reel
Related Products & Accessories
Manufacturer code: 100013 | Our code: 133632
Akios Shuttle 656 STR Reel. The Akios Shuttle 656 STR KURO - The Best Just Got Better!
Featuring extra tough 5.3:1 stainless steel gears, the Akios Shuttle STR KURO packs a punch!
Also setting it apart from the standard Shuttle are lightweight aluminium side plates which reduce overall weight by almost 100g allowing for a faster casting action and potentially greater distance.
As per the standard Shuttle, the STR KURO features a free floating spool system with two integrated ABEC 5 stainless steel bearings, as well as both magnetic and centrifugal braking systems that provide exceptional spool control during the cast.
Not only is the Akios Shuttle 555 STR KURO tougher, with its stealth black finish offset with gold components, it looks the part too!
- One Piece Low Profile Solid Aluminium Cage
- Extra Tough 5.3:1 Stainless Steel Gears
- Long Knobby for In-Cast Mag Control
- Lightweight Anodised Aluminium Side Plates
- Larger Spindle to Prevent Spool Distortion
- Balanced Anodised Aluminium Power Handle
- Anodised ?Aluminium Star Drag Wheel
- Larger Body Screws for Easier Access
- Corrosion Resistant Instant Anti Reverse Bearing
- 2 x ABEC 5 Stainless Steel Bearings
- Free Floating Spool for Increased Casting Distances
- Carbon Multi Disc Drag for Optimal Drag Performance
- High Torque Winding Power
- Line Out Alarm (Ratchet)
- Centrifugal and Magnetic Brake System for Ultimate Casting Control
Supplied with the following FREE accessories
- FREE Neoprene Reel Case
|Line Capacity||240/15 yds/lbs|
|Max Drag||17.5 lbs|
Review by Mark Plumpton
I bought one many months ago to upgrade my AKIOS 656 CTM and the difference was immediately noticeable. It is used regularly as I am fortunate to live by the sea and has never let me down. I am not one of these big out of sight casters but it does seem to have added distance to my casting. The reel is so smooth and a joy to use that I have now purchased a second from Uttings. It was a toss up between the SCM or another Kuro. The decision made was due to the KURO having stainless steel gearing fitted. Im not sure if it makes much difference but having worn out the brass gearing on an ABU which was by then obsolete and no spares available makes me inclined to go for this model.Very smooth when casting also on the retrieve and the build quality seems really good for the price. I cant fault it and it ticks all the boxes for my fishing needs.