Vortex Diamondback HD 8x42 Binoculars
Manufacturer code: DB-214 | Our code: 131944
The Diamondback® HD smashes the scale of price vs performance, delivering a rock-solid optic that optically punches high above its class. The included GlassPak binocular harness keeps your glass close at hand, ready to deploy at a moment's notice, all while providing protection and significantly more comfort than traditional neck straps.
- HD Optical System Optimized with select glass elements to deliver exceptional resolution, cut chromatic aberration and provide outstanding color fidelity, edge-to-edge sharpness and light transmission.
- Fully Multi-Coated Increase light transmission with multiple anti-reflective coatings on all air-to-glass surfaces.
- Dielectric Coating Multi-layer prism coatings provide bright, clear, color-accurate images.
- ArmorTek ® Ultra-hard, scratch-resistant coating protects exterior lenses from scratches, oil and dirt.
- Rubber Armor Provides a secure, non-slip grip, and durable external protection.
- Waterproof O-ring seals prevent moisture, dust and debris from penetrating the binocular for reliable performance in all environments.
- Shockproof Rugged construction withstands recoil and impact.
- Fogproof Argon gas purging prevents internal fogging over a wide range of temperatures.
- Roof Prism Valued for greater durability and a more compact size.
- Adjustable Eyecups Twist up and down for comfortable viewing with or without eyeglasses.
- Center Focus Wheel Adjusts the focus of both binocular barrels at the same time.
- Diopter Adjusts for differences in a user's eyes. Located on right eyepiece.
- Tripod Adaptable Compatible with a tripod adapter, allowing use on a tripod or car window mount.
- GlassPak binocular case
- GlassPak case harness
- Comfort neck strap
- Tethered objective lens covers
- Rainguard Eyepiece Cover
- Lens Cloth
|Dimensions||H: 14.5cm x W: 13cm|
|Objective Lens Diameter||42 mm|
|Exit Pupil Diameter||5.25 mm|
|Linear Field of View (@ 1000m)||131 m|
|Angular Field of View||7.5 degrees|
|Shortest Focusing Distance||1.5 m|
|Interpupillary Distance||55-73 mm|
|Eye Relief||17 mm|
Review by Jay
I purchased these as a gift for my sons 18th birthday. I looked at binoculars and their associated reviews on Amazon (these werent available there) prices ranged from £40 all the way up to a few hundred but I didnt want to make a mistake with going too cheap. Ultimately I asked my brother for a recommendation as he has spent 20 years in the African bush working as a guide. Diamondback was his only reply hes used these for years and wont bother looking anywhere else. And now neither will I...Not only is the optic quality and build exceptional but all Vortex products come with a lifetime warranty. The warranty doesnt just cover the usual wear and tear type damage but incredibly covers ALL damage even accidental. That fact alone makes the £250 price tag well worth the price. If youre looking for great build quality and optics to match definitely head to Vortex and browse their range.
Review by Anonymous Adult
Spent a bit of time researching and took the plunge with these. Should have bought them ages ago. Brilliant piece of kit.
Review by Chris Hillyer
Really good set of binoculars. Very high standard and excellent price. The harness that goes with the binoculars is a bit fiddly and guidelines could be better. Otherwise great.
Review by Christopher Tebbit
After much research and a recommendation from uttings these were received and just what i wanted