Vortex Diamondback HD 8x42 Binoculars
Manufacturer code: DB-214 | Our code: 131944
The Diamondback® HD smashes the scale of price vs performance, delivering a rock-solid optic that optically punches high above its class. The included GlassPak binocular harness keeps your glass close at hand, ready to deploy at a moment's notice, all while providing protection and significantly more comfort than traditional neck straps.
- HD Optical System Optimized with select glass elements to deliver exceptional resolution, cut chromatic aberration and provide outstanding color fidelity, edge-to-edge sharpness and light transmission.
- Fully Multi-Coated Increase light transmission with multiple anti-reflective coatings on all air-to-glass surfaces.
- Dielectric Coating Multi-layer prism coatings provide bright, clear, color-accurate images.
- ArmorTek ® Ultra-hard, scratch-resistant coating protects exterior lenses from scratches, oil and dirt.
- Rubber Armor Provides a secure, non-slip grip, and durable external protection.
- Waterproof O-ring seals prevent moisture, dust and debris from penetrating the binocular for reliable performance in all environments.
- Shockproof Rugged construction withstands recoil and impact.
- Fogproof Argon gas purging prevents internal fogging over a wide range of temperatures.
- Roof Prism Valued for greater durability and a more compact size.
- Adjustable Eyecups Twist up and down for comfortable viewing with or without eyeglasses.
- Center Focus Wheel Adjusts the focus of both binocular barrels at the same time.
- Diopter Adjusts for differences in a user's eyes. Located on right eyepiece.
- Tripod Adaptable Compatible with a tripod adapter, allowing use on a tripod or car window mount.
- GlassPak binocular case
- GlassPak case harness
- Comfort neck strap
- Tethered objective lens covers
- Rainguard Eyepiece Cover
- Lens Cloth
|Dimensions||H: 14.5cm x W: 13cm|
|Objective Lens Diameter||42 mm|
|Exit Pupil Diameter||5.25 mm|
|Linear Field of View (@ 1000m)||131 m|
|Angular Field of View||7.5 degrees|
|Shortest Focusing Distance||1.5 m|
|Interpupillary Distance||55-73 mm|
|Eye Relief||17 mm|
Review by P Pountain
Excellent purchasing experience product up to expectations and priced at a reasonable level.
Review by Battlehamster
Lightweight for a 8x42 binocular and well balanced. Sturdy construction and appear well made. Lifetime guarantee should give confidence. Optics = Sharp image and good contrast. Let down by significant Chromatic Aberration. Can't recommend if (as I am) you are sensitive to colour fringing.
Review by Mr M H
These binoculars are superb value for money and they really do have a viewing clarity that has to be seen. Not to forget the lifetime warranty.
Review by Colette
Did plenty to research for Binoculars for nature and bird watching and not disappointed. Super clear and easy to adjust nice and light and can use one hand to hold up without any shake. The case is super useful and high quality. Definitely worth the money and highly recommend.
Review by P A Mcguire
Topped all online reviews for low light hunting binoculars in this price bracket and even considerably more expensive binoculars. Dielectric and fully multi coated lenses and prisms matched to a lifetime guarantee superb image smaller than porro prism equivalent. Very happy with the purchase.
Review by Ian Hodson
Compact Binoculars with excellent optics that are not heavy and cumbersome. Definitely punch above their weight!
Review by Jay
I purchased these as a gift for my sons 18th birthday. I looked at binoculars and their associated reviews on Amazon (these werent available there) prices ranged from £40 all the way up to a few hundred but I didnt want to make a mistake with going too cheap. Ultimately I asked my brother for a recommendation as he has spent 20 years in the African bush working as a guide. Diamondback was his only reply hes used these for years and wont bother looking anywhere else. And now neither will I...Not only is the optic quality and build exceptional but all Vortex products come with a lifetime warranty. The warranty doesnt just cover the usual wear and tear type damage but incredibly covers ALL damage even accidental. That fact alone makes the £250 price tag well worth the price. If youre looking for great build quality and optics to match definitely head to Vortex and browse their range.
Review by Anonymous Adult
Spent a bit of time researching and took the plunge with these. Should have bought them ages ago. Brilliant piece of kit.
Review by Chris Hillyer
Really good set of binoculars. Very high standard and excellent price. The harness that goes with the binoculars is a bit fiddly and guidelines could be better. Otherwise great.
Review by Christopher Tebbit
After much research and a recommendation from uttings these were received and just what i wanted